From:   kim.boll.jen...@i-data.com[SMTP:kim.boll.jen...@i-data.com]
Sent:   26 April 1999 11:28
To:     treg@world.std.com
Subject:        Label requirement for conectors

Dear groupe,

We are making a box with 3 x RJ45 connectors where only one is for
connection to telenetwork (ISDN) the others are for Ethernet.
I have seen equipment from different manufacturers that marks each
connector with the tele X or the tele X with a dash over, to show which
connectors are telenetwork and which are not. I can't find any requirements
in FCC part 68 or the EU TTE directive which calls for this kind of
marking. (The equipment will ofcause be approved and marked as required
with CE xxx X etc.)

Can anyon tell me if this marking is required by any athorities or if it's
just nice to have to help users.

Best regards,

Mr. Kim Boll Jensen
i-data, Denmark