<http://www.purposedrivenlife.com/>
2009/01/15
<http://www.purposedrivenlife.com/en-US/EmailPosting.htm?Article=%7BAAC716E5-842D-46F4-9173-9709B5DEFF7D%7D>
Hopefully in Love
by Jon Walker
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. 1 John 4:16 (NIV)
**** *** *** ****
*Today's guest devotional is provided by Jon Walker –*
We were singing when I noticed the typo. The lyrics to the praise tune were
supposed to be, "I'm hopelessly in love with you." But someone accidentally
typed: "I'm hopefully in love with you."
The first suggests an abandonment to love: "God, I'm in this relationship
head-to-toe, no matter where it leads."
The second suggests tentativeness: "Gee, I hope I can love you God."
We express a desire to deepen our relationship with God and there he stands
in the deep end calling us to jump in and join him. There we stand, testing
the living water with our toes, hesitating to take the plunge that would
require a fully immersed abandonment to God.
The thing is this: The only thing stopping you from a deep, abiding
relationship with God is … you.
Our objective-in-Jesus is to fall hopelessly in love with God. Ask yourself
what hinders you from a deeper relationship with God, and ask God to remove
any obstacles that are in the way.
(c) 2008 Purpose Driven Life. All rights reserved.
.
________________________________________
________________________________________
--
'Unless you change what you do, you will always have what you've got.'
- Jim Rohn
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"tribewithavibe" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---