My Father and My Friend

Author: Tina 21.11.2002



Today I took my troubles and threw them in the sea

For I no longer needed them, they were no good to me

They caused me tears and heartache for everyone to see

For once I found out by myself how lovely life could be



I made a promise to myself that I would start again

And I shall keep that promise through sunshine and through rain

I’ll live life to its fullest, and learn to love and laugh

And make a world of new friends, those who cross my path



For God has blessed me plenty, in many different ways

He gave me hope and sunshine, through my coldest days

I closed my eyes to all of this and chose a life of sorrow

But thank God for today, as I look forward to tomorrow



I have two eyes to see, two ears to hear the sounds

I have two feet to stand on, legs to carry me around

I have a perfect body with a mind that I can think

A perfect mouth that feeds me enables me a drink



I realize that life is worth more than earthly things

No gold or silver do I want, no happiness they’ll bring

For if we count our blessings, and see what God has done

Today I got my life back, a battle I have won



I put my life in God’s hands, and ask Him to set me free

For there is not another place, that I would rather be

To have Him in my life, as my Father and my Friend

And I know that He’ll carry me until the bitter end



“For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation
of the sons of God.” -Romans 8:19




-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/>, and is
believed to be clean.

If there are any queries please email [email protected]

-- 
'Unless you change what you do, you will always have what you've got.'
                - Jim Rohn

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"tribewithavibe" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to