____

June 21, 2009


Be Real and Be Relaxed With God

by Rick Warren


"Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation.
I will be honored throughout the world" (Psalm 46:10 NLT).

____


Hurry is the death of prayer. If you rush through all your prayers, it
will kill your prayer life.

I have a habit in my prayer life: before I pray any prayer, it is
almost spontaneous that I take a deep breath. I just relax, settle
down, and let go of any tension. Then, I'm ready to talk God.

So, when you pray, relax. Take a deep breath and try to forget anyone
or anything that's around you and just focus in on God for a minute.
Calm yourself down and get still: "Be still, and know that I am God!"
(Psalm 46:10 NLT).

Jesus sat in Martha's house, but she was so busy, she couldn't stop to
talk to Him and enjoy His company. Jesus said, "Martha, Martha! You
are worried and troubled over so many things, but just one is needed.
Mary has chosen the right thing, and it will not be taken away from
her" (Luke 10:41-42 TEV). Mary chose to relax at the feet of Jesus,
listening to him while "Martha was distracted" (Luke 10:40 NIV).

Be real and relaxed, "Go to your room, close the door, and pray to
your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what you do in
private, will reward you" (Matthew 6:6 TEV).


____

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"tribewithavibe" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to