be encouraged guys

                       *   A SENSE OF DUTY
*
Early one morning, a mother went in to wake up her son. "Wake up, son. It's
time
to go to school!"

"But why, Mom?  I don't want to go."

"Give me two reasons why you don't want to go."

"Well, the kids hate me for one, and the teachers hate me, too!"

"Oh, that's no reason not to go to school.  Come on now and get ready."

"Give me two reasons why I should go to school."

"Well, for one, you're 52 years old.   And for another, you're the
principal!"

Sometimes we have to do things even when we don't feel like doing
them!  It's called
having a sense of duty.  I think perhaps the concept of duty has taken some
abuse in
the church.  We sometimes talk about the importance of doing things for God
because
we want to, not because we have to.  And I would wholeheartedly agree with
that. But
if we only serve God when we really "feel" like it, our service would be
minimal
indeed.  Sometimes the feelings aren't there, and we need to continue to
serve knowing
that it is the "right" thing to do.

It shouldn't bother us to think that way because we do many other things in
life
for the same reason.  For example, I am a father of three children.  When
each of
those babies entered my home, I loved them.  And I provided for their needs
because
I loved them.  But, I can honestly say that there were many times I got up
in the
middle of night to meet their needs when I didn't "feel" like it.  There
were times
when I got out of bed exhausted and irritable, and the only reason I got up
was
because I had a responsibility as a father to meet their needs.  The love is
always
there, but sometimes it is a sense of duty that drives you to do what needs
to be
done.

The same thing is true in our Christian walk.  When you get "exhausted and
irritable"
in your service to Christ, when you don't "feel" like doing what you know
needs to be
done, may a sense of responsibility, a sense of duty, drive you to continue
to remain
faithful.

"And which of you, having a servant plowing or tending sheep, will say to
him when
he has come in from the field, 'Come at once and sit down to eat'? But will
he not
rather say to him, 'Prepare something for my supper, and gird yourself and
serve me
till I have eaten and drunk, and afterward you will eat and drink'?  Does he
thank
that servant because he did the things that were commanded him?  I think
not.  So
likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded,
say,
'We are unprofitable servants.  We have done what was our duty to do.' "
(Luke 17:7-10)

Have a great day!

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"tribewithavibe" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to