* I was sitting at the drive-through window at
McDonald's this weekend. I did the usual thing; I drove up to
the menu
and ordered. I proceeded to the first window and paid, then
drove to
the second window and waited for the order. After sitting there
for a
few
minutes, the clerk slid back the window and asked, "Will you
please
pull over to the side; your order is not ready." "I was a little
upset
and even impatient, but I pulled over and waited. I thought,
"How come
other folks ordered and drove straight through and I have to
wait." I
waited for another two or three minutes. It seemed like hours.
Just as
I was about to give up and drive away, the clerk finally ran
out,
tapped on the window, and handed me the order. Of course I
asked,
"Hey, what took so long?" She replied,"You wanted the Special
Sauce,
which meant it had to be especially made for that sandwich, it
doesn't usually come with that one."
This scene is a reflection of our prayer life. We make our
request to
the Lord. Our menu is His Word, where He has listed promise
after
promise. We stand before Him and request and plead and,
sometimes,
even beg. We go to the first window and pay, sometimes with
fervent
prayer, sometimes with prolonged suffering, sometimes with
obedience,
and sometimes not at all. We then move to the second window and
wait
for our order.If God doesn't answer within a few minutes, we
become
upset.You know the phrase, "Jesus, it's 5:00 p.m. Friday;
I prayed to You yesterday, and You still haven't answered. I can't
wait much longer."Why is it taking Him so long? I've seen people
drive
up before me and they received their orders right away! We even
go so
far as to tap on the window and ask if He has forgotten our
order. We
become impatient. We become upset. We become downright mad. Lord I
asked for a mate ten days ago and I don't see him/her anywhere.
Lord,
I've been asking for a new job for two years; others have passed
me
by. I've been waiting on a financial blessing for ten years and
I
still have more months than money. Where are You and why haven't
you
blessed me?
And just when you think He is giving you the answer,He pulls
back the
royal curtain of Eternity, and states, "Please pull over to the
side
and wait a while longer." This once frustrated me to no end,
made me
mad, made me want to give up, made me want to holler; that is,
until
the clerk brought out my sandwich. Then, the revelation became
clear.
Do you know why the Lord has put you on the side? Do you know
why you
have had to wait for this blessing longer than before? Do you
know why
He has put you through more this time than ever?
Do you know why it seems as though He has not heard you and He
does
not care? Do you know why it seems like you have had to go
through
more tears, more pains, and more struggling this time? Because this
blessing is a Special Sauce Blessing! This is an
Overflowing,Pressed
Down,Shaken Together, Blessing! You made a Special Order and God
has
beenputting together a Special Sauce Blessing for you and He has
to
prepare it for you! That man or that woman you wanted . . ..
He's
putting together a Special Sauce! That job you wanted . . . He's
putting together a Special Sauce! That financial blessing . . .
He's
putting together a Special Sauce!
That peace on the job . . . He's putting together a Special
Sauce!
That house . .. . He's putting together a Special Sauce!
That deeper anointing . . . He's putting together a Special
Sauce!
That promotion .. . . He's putting together a Special sauce!
That . . . . . . . . . . . .. . He's putting together a Special
Sauce!
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you,says the Lord,
thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end
.. . .
[And a Special Sauce].
Jeremiah 29:11 How many people have driven away before the
clerk
brought their food, and how many people have missed their
blessings
because they did not wait? Hang in there. Keep on waiting. You made a
Special Order, now wait on God's Special Sauce! "But they that
wait on
the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with
wings as
eagles; they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk,
and not
faint." (Isaiah 40:31)
They who wait shall receive a Special Sauce! Please send this
message
to those people who mean something to you, to those who have
touched
your life in one way or another, to those who make you smile
when you really need it, to those that make you see the brighter side
of
things
when you are really down, to those who you want to let them know
that
you appreciate their friendship. And if you don't, don't worry,
nothing bad will happen to you, you will just miss out on the
opportunity to brighten someone's day with this message.
*
--
'Unless you change what you do, you will always have what you've got.'
- Jim Rohn
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"tribewithavibe" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---