*“Working His Plan”*
11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version) When you were a young adult, did you have lots of plans for your life? Perhaps you planned to backpack in Europe; to study abroad; to marry the star quarterback on the football team; to have a high-powered job on Wall Street; to be a stay-at-home mother or to be a successful politician. Where are you now? Did your plans materialize? According to Proverbs 19:21(NIV), * * “Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.” Many of us didn’t realize until much later that God has the perfect plans for our lives, but we have to do our part to accomplish them. As Rev. Mia Wright pointed out recently, our “attitude determines our altitude.” There are several steps needed to adjust our attitudes. We must – 1. have an open mind to accept God’s will 2. have a discerning spirit 3. have determination to see the best despite a bad situation 4. completely trust God Some of us have taken detours along the path of life; some because of our own choices and some situations that God has used for His purpose. Things haven’t always gone as planned. Rev. Wright made that message apparent when she highlighted the excuses given to Jesus by the invalid at the pool of Bethesda. The man explained that he had been waiting for someone to help him into the pool for 38 years. People always jumped in ahead of him. He chose to be a victim. (John 5:1-9) In another example, Jesus healed the infirmity of a crippled woman, bent over for 18 years, who gave no excuses. She was set free because of her obedience to God. (Luke 13:10-13) Different situations for the two examples, but both gave praises and thanks and told others. Which one are you; a victim or a victor? Are you crippled by sin? Are you on the same Ferris wheel? Can’t go forward and can’t go back? If so, God wants to deliver you from your rut. Many of us have demons to be conquered. It’s a fact that we will always be in a spiritual battle. But, hear God’s promise in Malachi 3:6-7 6-7 "I am God - yes, I Am. I haven't changed. And because I haven't changed, you, the descendants of Jacob, haven't been destroyed. You have a long history of ignoring my commands. You haven't done a thing I've told you. Return to me so I can return to you," says God-of-the-Angel-Armies. *GospeLines Prayer:* *What a mighty word, Lord, I haven’t been destroyed and Your unchanging hand is still there for me!* * * *Help me to reposition myself to serve You and to continually sing your praises. I am not a victim; I am a victor! * * * *Help me to stop ignoring Your commands and to start working Your plan! I have a hope and future with you.* In His Love, --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tribewithavibe" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
