Having trouble viewing this email? View the *online
version<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=309800&messageid=44001&databaseid=67800&serial=1222916233&[email protected]&userid=251192&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00566&execution_nbr=28&&&2000&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=201902&trkid=ddnews>
* or the *text 
version<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=309800&messageid=44001&databaseid=67800&serial=1222916233&[email protected]&userid=251192&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00566&execution_nbr=28&&&2001&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=printArticleContents&contentId=201902&KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=500&width=790&modal=true&trkid=ddnews>
*.
  [image: Purpose Driven Life]


Replace Condemnation with
Confidence<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=309800&messageid=44001&databaseid=67800&serial=1222916233&[email protected]&userid=251192&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00566&execution_nbr=28&&&2002&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=201902&trkid=ddnews>
by Rick Warren

"Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before
God" (1 John 3:21 NIV).

  You've probably noticed that your confidence ebbs and flows. It varies
greatly from day to day: one day you're up and one day you're down. What
causes that?

In part, it's about what is going on inside of you. The Bible teaches, "If
our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God" (1 John 3:21
NIV). When we face life's hurts, habits, and hang-ups, it's important that
we walk out of self-condemnation and into the faithful confidence that God
forgives us.

*What causes self-condemnation?*

*Unresolved guilt:* King David wrote, "There was a time when I wouldn't
admit what a sinner I was. But my dishonesty made me miserable and filled my
days with frustration" (Psalms 32:3 TLB).

This reminds me of a sign I saw the other day: A clean engine produces more
power. That's true in humans, too. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the man who wrote
Sherlock Holmes, once pulled a prank on twelve prominent Englishmen. He sent
them an anonymous note that said, "All is found out. Flee at once." Within
twenty-four hours, eight of those men had left the country! Guilt destroys
your confidence.

*Unrealistic expectations:* Also known as perfectionism--the feeling that I
must be flawless, that I must be perfect, that I must please everybody, that
I always have to do more, that I'm not allowed to relax.

If you're a perfectionist, your favorite phrase is, "I should . . . I must .
. . I ought . . . I have to." You're always doing more.

If you're an average person, you have three things on your daily 'To Do'
list. You get one of them done, you leave one of them unfinished, and the
third one you just forget about. You go home and put your feet up at night
and feel good about yourself.

If you're a perfectionist, you have 29 things on your daily 'To Do' list.
You finish 28 of them and you go home and feel like a failure! The Bible
says, "Even perfection has its limits, but [God's] commands have no limit"
(Psalms 119:96 NLT).

Both guilt and perfectionism cause a lack of confidence in our lives.
Tomorrow we'll look at how we can replace condemnation with confidence.

   Today on PurposeDriven.com
<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=309800&messageid=44001&databaseid=67800&serial=1222916233&[email protected]&userid=251192&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00566&execution_nbr=28&&&2005&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=201916&trkid=ddnews>
Gridiron
Grace<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=309800&messageid=44001&databaseid=67800&serial=1222916233&[email protected]&userid=251192&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00566&execution_nbr=28&&&2006&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=201916&trkid=ddnews>
When Brian Kinchen went back to the NFL, he found trials, tribulations, and
God
» 
MORE<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=309800&messageid=44001&databaseid=67800&serial=1222916233&[email protected]&userid=251192&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00566&execution_nbr=28&&&2007&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=201916&trkid=ddnews>
 
<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=309800&messageid=44001&databaseid=67800&serial=1222916233&[email protected]&userid=251192&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00566&execution_nbr=28&&&2008&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=201796&trkid=ddnews>
Life's
Healing 
Choices<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=309800&messageid=44001&databaseid=67800&serial=1222916233&[email protected]&userid=251192&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00566&execution_nbr=28&&&2009&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=201796&trkid=ddnews>
Join Pastor Rick in *Life's Healing Choices*—a NEW 8-week experience to help
people find freedom from hurts, hang-ups and habits
» SMALL 
GROUPS<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=309800&messageid=44001&databaseid=67800&serial=1222916233&[email protected]&userid=251192&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00566&execution_nbr=28&&&2010&&&https://www.lifeshealingchoices.com/?trkid=ddnews>
» 
INDIVIDUALS<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=309800&messageid=44001&databaseid=67800&serial=1222916233&[email protected]&userid=251192&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00566&execution_nbr=28&&&2017&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=201796&trkid=ddnews>
   Missed
out on one of the Daily Devotionals? View the online
archives<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=309800&messageid=44001&databaseid=67800&serial=1222916233&[email protected]&userid=251192&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00566&execution_nbr=28&&&2011&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=119877&trkid=ddnews>
.
Did someone forward this Daily Devotional to you? Get your own free
subscription<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=309800&messageid=44001&databaseid=67800&serial=1222916233&[email protected]&userid=251192&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00566&execution_nbr=28&&&2012&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/profilecenter/openPreferencePage.do?trkid=ddnews>to
*The Purpose Driven Connection* Daily Devotional, your daily inspiration via
email.

You are subscribed as [email protected]. You can unsubscribe at any time by
changing your e-mail
preferences<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=309800&messageid=44001&databaseid=67800&serial=1222916233&[email protected]&userid=251192&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00566&execution_nbr=28&&&2013&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/profilecenter/openPreferencePage.do?epid=E0984A82-CC1F-4445-B213-1B7B8D82CB03&trkid=ddnews>
.

Please do not reply to this email. If you have technical problems,
email 
us<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=309800&messageid=44001&databaseid=67800&serial=1222916233&[email protected]&userid=251192&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00566&execution_nbr=28&&&2014&&&mailto:[email protected]>
.

*The Purpose Driven Connection* Daily Devotional newsletter is produced by
PurposeDriven.com<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=309800&messageid=44001&databaseid=67800&serial=1222916233&[email protected]&userid=251192&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00566&execution_nbr=28&&&2015&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/&trkid=ddnews>.
You can reach us by mail at *Purpose Driven Connection*, PO Box 8108, Red
Oak, IA 51591-1108.

© 2009. The Reader's Digest Association, Inc. Read our Privacy
Policy<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=309800&messageid=44001&databaseid=67800&serial=1222916233&[email protected]&userid=251192&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00566&execution_nbr=28&&&2016&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/jsp/privacy-policy.jsp?trkid=ddnews>
.


-- 
'Unless you change what you do, you will always have what you've got.'
                - Jim Rohn

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"tribewithavibe" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to