SOUTH AFRICA

The school inspector is assigned to the grade 4 class in one of the
local schools. He is introduced to the class by the teacher.

She says to the class: "Let's show the inspector just how clever you are
by allowing him to ask you a question." The inspector reasons that
normally class starts with religious instruction, so he will ask a
biblical question.

He asks: "Class, who broke down the walls of Jericho?"

For a full minute there is absolute silence. The children all just stare
at him blankly. Eventually Sipho raises his hand. The Inspector
excitedly points to him. Sipho stands up and replies:

"Sir, I do not know who broke down the walls of Jericho, but I can
assure you it wasn't me."

Of course the inspector is shocked by the answer and looks at the
teacher for an explanation. Realizing that he is perturbed, the teacher
says: Well, I've known Sipho since the beginning of the year, and I
believe that if he says that he didn't do it, then he didn't do it."

The inspector is even more shocked at this and storms down to the
principal's office and tells him what happened, to which the principal
replies: "I don't know the boy, but I socialize every now and then with
his teacher, and I believe her. If she feels that the boy is innocent,
then he must be innocent."

The inspector can't believe what he is hearing. He grabs the phone on
the principal's desk and in a rage dials the Minister of Education's
telephone number and rattles the entire occurrence to her and asks her
what she thinks of the education standard in SA.

The Minister sighs heavily and replies:

"I don't know the boy, the teacher, nor the principal, but just get
three quotes and have the wall fixed!!" 

 

 

"Do not be afraid little flock, it is your Father's pleasure to give you
the kingdom."  Luke 12:32

 


Disclaimer and Confidentiality
**********************************************************************
http://www.oldmutual.co.zw/disclaimer/disclaimer.asp
**********************************************************************
P Please consider the environment before printing this email 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tribewithavibe" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en.

Reply via email to