Don't give up.....


 One day I decided to quit...
 I quit my job, my relationship, my spirituality... I wanted to quit my life.
 I went to the woods to have one last talk with God.

 "God", I asked, "Can you give me one good reason not to quit?"
 His answer surprised me...
 "Look around", He said. "Do you see the fern and the bamboo?"

 "Yes", I replied.
"When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good care of them.

 I gave them light.
 I gave them water.
The fern quickly grew from the earth.
 Its brilliant green covered the floor.


 Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo.
In the second year the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful.
And again, nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo. 
He said.
 "In year three there was still nothing from the bamboo seed.


 But I would not quit.
In year four, again, there was nothing from the bamboo seed. I would
 not quit." He said.
"Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth. Compared
> to the fern it was seemingly small and insignificant...But just 6
> months later the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall.
It had spent the five years growing roots. Those roots made it strong and gave 
it what it needed to survive.
I would not give any of my creations a challenge it could not handle."
 He asked me. "Did you know, my child, that all this time you have  been 
struggling, you have actually been growing roots".

 "I would not quit on the bamboo.

I will never quit on you."
 "Don't compare yourself to others."

He said.
"The bamboo had a different Purpose than the fern.

 Yet they both make the forest  beautiful."
 "Your time will come", God said to me.

 "You will rise high"
 "How high should I rise?"

 I asked.
 "How high will the bamboo rise?" He asked in return.
 "As high as it can?" I questioned.
 "Yes." He said, "Give me glory by rising as high as you can."
 I left the forest and brought back this story.

Elisha Karambakuwa
Old Mutual Investment Group Property Investments Zimbabwe
100 The Chase,Emerald Hill
Harare

Telephone 263-04-308400 Ext. 2299
Direct Line 263-04-32602299
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
www.oldmutual.co.zw<http://www.oldmutual.co.zw>

"Do not be afraid little flock, it is your Father's pleasure to give you the 
kingdom."  Luke 12:32


Disclaimer and Confidentiality
**********************************************************************
http://www.oldmutual.co.zw/disclaimer/disclaimer.asp
**********************************************************************
P Please consider the environment before printing this email 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"tribewithavibe" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en.

Reply via email to