A company that produces free software compatible hardware only would probably be born to die, but I agree, it would be awesome!

@lembas: yes, there were a lot of people thinking that a whole free OS was impossible, but the difference is that each piece (copy) of hardware has to be manufactured; you don't have to write the whole OS again with each copy/download.
And that's when we come again to the utmost Linux problem: hardware support.

@Chris: I thought that coreboot would be supported in modern AMD motherboards. Is the problem the integrated chipset for graphics with non-free software?

PS: Anyone else though it could be hilarious to have Sheldon Cooper talk about Linux vs. GNU/Linux? That would also be a hell of a publicity too.