Give the code? The code is the application. The binary is for convenience. Well if your offer a bad service don't expect your customer to put up with it like they would stupidly with a proprietary program. But then they also might have more patience because you gave them freedom and if your too slow they can try to help you instead of replacing you but if you charged a huge fee, then I doubt they will be happy.