Hi,

Is this your first time with Trisquel or any other GNU/Linux operating system? Its not DOS by the way. It seems your computer has booted into "command-line mode" instead of a normal boot to graphical user interface due to hardware incompatibilities.

I have met this screen a few times when I was testing computers for h-node (www.h-node.org). Its a database of free software compatible hardware. Usually this means that your computer's video card is not compatible with free software. You can try to search for you computer from h-node and see if it is mentioned there. If not, I suggest you to report it there. It would help other people to avoid that particular model.

Have you tried to boot your computer with a Trisquel lice-CD by the way? Have you tried to boot your USB key with any other computer?