Ah I see! Thank you Chris!

This should be known before people download the FSF version as it's much more time consuming to download with a slow internet connection compared to the non-FSF version of the image. I was very frustrated to discover I couldn't log in after all that time :-P

If it's been discontinued as you say, then the image should be taken down before other poor souls get fooled like me :-D

Although in saying all that, I did read in another topic called 'trisquel 6', someone called 'andrew' stated that the FSF version of the image is the image that is distributed during Free Software Campaigns. If this is the case, then it still doesn't explain why I wasn't able to login to the live desktop.

If anyone else knows anything, be sure to share.