Many, many thanks for all the help and suggestions on where to go from here. I
went ahead and grabbed this wireless card and will try Abrowser on the Presario
before I declare the video card to be limiting. I was planning on getting a USB
wireless device from Thinkpenguin, but I'd rather have the money to make a few
small monthly donations to Trisquel first.

I'm aware that Damn Small Linux is probably the best niche distro for very old
hardware but I had some personal reasons for wanting to dump all proprietary
software NOW and I'm in about as good a position to tinker and tweak as anyone
ever is.

I might just learn something and at least it'll give me something productive to
do with the time and energy I DON'T want to spend doing dumb things like
oversharing on social networking sites and figuring out how to read Nook Books
on a Kindle just because they told me I can't.

--
Heather <noordinaryspi...@gmail.com>