Thank you very much for your answer. It works better than anything that I have done. However, I noticed a problem. After running the updated script with my real source files 1 and 2, I get a total value of 730 contributions. This does not match with a result I get from a different part of the script.

I calculate the total value of contributions made by me by counting the lines from source 1 which contain my user name. When I do that, I get 912 as the result. These don't match. Do you have any idea why?

Again, thanks for your help, but could you spare a little more of your time, please?