Well, I have to agree. Unless you use some specific websites that need flash AND work with gnash/lightspark, it makes no sense to have it installed. More and more websites work with html5 these days, and html5 has not shown (yet) to be half a pain in terms of security/privacy issues as flash. I can say that I don't have OpenJava or Gnash installed, and I can still do pretty much the same things I used to do. Sure, some websites and aplications use Java or Flash, and they are not malicious. The programmers just learned some cool things they could do with those formats/languages, and they used it in the best of intentions. However, I really think we should (one step at a time) move towards a more free/open internet.
So, I can vote "yes" for disabling Gnash.

However, I have to mention this: when you try to use some websites they won't give you html5, but if you change user agent in Abrowser to Ipad, they will imeddiatly work. Some websites actually try to make html5 available only for Ipad!!! That's really.... bad, you know, because they are saying "we want to spy on you and force you to use this proprietary dangerous software, but we won't lose a user because of that, so if you have Ipad here is html5, if not, f*** you, use flash!"