This sounds like common sense, but women like a man who has good self esteem and is confident in his conviction. If you are funny, that helps a lot too as a good sense of humor can really break the ice on a date and sustain it if it becomes a relationship.

Also remember that it is not a requirement that your future mate is like you. It is good to have some common ground that you can agree on and shared interests, but your relationship will be strong if she can be your polar opposite.

For example, I have a strong background in acting as well as improv/sketch comedy and I wouldn't date another theatre chick. It would be too exausting and I prefer women that are a little bit more grounded and serious.