While it is true that "free software" is about the 4 essential freedoms over the software, RMS himself has said that this is not just a technical matter. It is a social matter, free software should bring us a free society. And in a free society you can't have freedom unless you are free from surveillance, free from social and political pressures, free to speak about any issue and read about any issue. So, yes, while Trisquel should not be about privacy and security, according to RMS it should have that aspect in its goal. That is why I sometimes disagree with some people here, because I don't care about "free software rules". I care about "free software bringing us a free society and a chance of a better community".