Well, in fact we do... HTML5 is a player that can load any video, Tor Browser supports it very well. The problem is the video format/codec. Most websites use mp4 and flv. Firefox (and Tor Browser of course) don't have those patented codecs. Only can play webm and ogg. That's why MediaGobblin works well with Tor Browser. As does youtube (they converted everything to webm). In any case, you don't need to do anything special to get a video playing in Tor Browser. If you have a server, you can just put the videos there, and whenever you click the video, if it's webm or ogg, it will play instantaneously. You can see tor project media for example:
https://media.torproject.org/video/
It would work just as well if it was a tor hidden service. Basically one could have "youtube hidden service" as long as we had a server that could host the files and if people would respect the service (no illegal stuff so it wouldn't get taken down, no porn or at least have it in a separate page so it would be "kid friendly" and such). I honestly don't know why people that make hidden services would use any format other than webm and ogg. You don't even need JS to use html5. You can click NoScript, make "block all" and when html5 player comes up, you just right click instead of left click. I would love to contribute to a "youtube hidden service" kinda thing. We could have documentaries and presentations on free software, privacy and anonimity matters, activists around the world could expose the wrong things happening, it would be helpful to whistleblowers... Oh well.

In the meantime, you can use archive.org
Most of their stuff is playable inside Tor Browser (and if it complains about JS or flash, just go to the download file and click like I told above). Tor Browser also can read PDF inside without download and without JS.