I agree with Fernando that there are many many attacks that can be performed against a computer (or any electrical device for that matter). I also agree with Anon in the sense that if we start focusing on that, we better starting wearing tin foil hats and pants and shirts. We end up losing our minds, go crazy thinking about that. That is also not a good thing to happen. If I might say something... and it's nothing more than my own opinion... First, thanks Fernando for disclosing that info for us, it really helps to know these things and you give us sources to investigate and decide by ourselves if it makes sense or if is something out of context with no connection to our own lives. And what you say in the end "freeing computer in terms of software is not enough", is also a good good good quote, and it sums up many problems in today's world. However, we should consider "how probable is it that I will get to be a target, and how much am I willing to sacrifice of my day to day usual life in order to prevent that from happening?". I can say that I don't live in the USA so I don't have to deal with the NSA thing as closely as you guys. Of course not being an american means I can get shoot by a drone at any time :P though luck. Truth is, I know WHY I decided to protect my communications and privacy (both online and offline). I remember the event that lead to me changing my way of looking at life in terms of privacy vs exposition. And because of that I can say that I know what I am trying to achieve and what I am willing to sacrifice in order to achieve it. If we were to start going crazy about the NSA capabilities, we would move to East and one day China would be doing the same and we would move to the North Pole and then the penguins would start spying on us and we would simply realize that we should seek mental treatment :P What I mean is, we can make spying/privacy-invasion harder for the agencies that want to do it. And we should. And we should continue to improve stuff like Tor and I2P and decentralized services and networks and free software that respects the user, etc etc, BUT we should put living our lives as free men above the fight to one day achieve total freedom. Because we might end up losing our lives fighting for somehting that we might not even like when we get there. Having said that, I think what is a good thing to keep from your Post Fernando, is that "freeing computer from software is not enough, we should pay attention to hardware as well". For me that means Open Source Hardware should be as important to the world as free software is, and we should maybe focus a little bit more on that.

Sorry for the long post, but it was just some thoughts and feelings I had at looking at your posts guys. Thanks :)