That's what I was thinking :(
If it was a desktop, I would have no problem. But with a laptop, I can't really replace the graphics card. Which, by the way, is a very powerful one, I admit. I remember when I used to have the proprietary drivers, I could play very graphic intense games, it was able to play HD stuff very well, all of that... the problem is really the lack of a proper free driver. One of these days, I discovered that even using the HDMI to connect to a TV was basically... impossible.

I was thinking that maybe I could get around by using some lighter software (I don't know if SMplayer is heavy on the machine or not) that could play those using only the CPU and not using the graphic card so much... But apparently no :(

Thanks anyway Onpon4.