Some caveats - a) I've never done exactly this so I can't promise it
will work b) I strongly question the wisdom of running Trisquel on a
machine too small to run the text mode installer.

Having said those the procedure will be something like

boot text mode install
get past select language and keyboard
Ctrl-Alt-F2 to get to the second console
Press Enter to start the Busybox shell

Then where /dev/sdX is your root and boot partition

# mount /dev/sdX /target
# mount --bind /proc /target/proc
# mount --bind /sys /target/sys
# chroot /target
# /usr/sbin/grub-install /dev/sdX
# /usr/sbin/update-grub /dev/sdX
# exit
# umount /target/proc
# umount /target/sys
# umount /target
# reboot

That's how I got around a failed grub install due to a screen corruption
bug with the Belenos betas text mode installer.  But that was much later
in the process, so it might not work for you.