I also have a GLUGLUG Libreboot X60s but have yet to upgrade to Trisquel 7. I was waiting for it to bed down a little before making the jump. What kernel version are you running at the moment? I'm running the latest update v3.2.0.70.84 available from the toutatis update archive. I believe Trisquel 7 needs v3.13 at least. Could this explain your issues?

This is a point that has always confused me. The kernel available in the toutatis-updates archive is several versions behind the linux-libre kernel available from the FSFLA or http://jxself.org/linux-libre/.