I'm using Trisquel about ninety percent of the time now! I'm currently using a dual boot, and I have a seperate partition for my files, i.e., to share between the OSs.

Since I've been using Trisquel much more, I was considering moving my files to the Trisquel partition. But then I became curious about "linking" my Home folder to a seperate partion and discovered and article on how to do so.*

I understand that this could be beneificial because the settings, files, and desktop will remain if I upgrade or re-install; but is there any other things I should be aware of or concerned about, pros and/or cons? Anybody else doing this on their systems?

Ultimately, I'd like a system that is easy to back-up and restore or re-install, and if this would complicate it - then I would avoid it.

*https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Partitioning/Home/Moving