I'm skeptical of just coreboot or Skype-replacement development
succeeding at freeing users' computers.  You need nontrivial skills to
flash coreboot (unless it's on a sufficiently old system where someone
provides trustworthy binaries, like Lenovo does), and to use the
Skype-replacement you need to convince your friends to use it too.  I
want to believe that it's just my pessimism.

I have a different argument against listing Gnash: it's mostly used to
run nonfree programs that are being replaced by different nonfree
programs that completely support fully free interpreters like in recent
Mozilla browsers.  So we need other projects to replace these programs
regardless of Gnash being able to run them.  I'm not sure if a single
developer would choose between contributing to a Flash replacement or a
firmware project (but I'm a Web developer interested in coreboot, so it
might be an unusual opinion).