Trisquel has a role, perhaps unintended.

Today my *inXP laptop's USB ports ceased functioning ... the USB mouse would not work where I usually plug it in, and nowhere else, for that matter. Then the touchpad stopped working; *inXP would not boot, not even past the black screen ...

Then I tried plugging in my Trisquel LiveUSB flashdrive, which booted up without hesitation, revealing that the mouse worked OK, even though plugged into that troublesome USB port. So I shut Trisquel down and tried *inXP again ... whereupon it started right up, mouse and all, as if nothing had happened.