I don't use any scripts to harden my operating system because in doing the hardening tasks myself I can choose at each step how many convenience I'm willing to sacrifice for security. In my threat model I focus on crackers from outside because I'm the only person who has physical access to my computer. Whats your threat model? Is it similar to Micah Lee's threat model? How many convenience are you willing to give up for security? These are questions only you are able to answer.

What have I done to increase security? I stopped every service that was listening on a TCP/IP port. I use grsecurity and compile the libre linux kernel patched with grsecurity every time an update is available. It hardens your kernel and increases every other security measure. I have written my own apparmor profiles for every program that accessing the internet. I disabled java script and flash. I use epiphany as a web browser and claws mail as a mail client so that I can use every program with mprotect enabled. I don't use wifi. I use tails on a different computer where I have removed the hard drive.

Maybe you think some of these measures matches to your threat model.