I'd have to say the transition is not going smoothly so far.

Just as an example, take the case of a new user of Trisquel 7.0 who is accustomed to installing software from Add/Remove Applications. He goes to Add/Remove Applications, and searches for Thunderbird (because he's used it in the past and knows the name). Thunderbird appears as an option to install!

So he checks it, but finds that the curser starts swirling and nothing ever happens again, indefinitely.

If by some miracle he decided instead to search for Icedove (and how would he know to do that in the first place), Icedove does not appear as an option to install!

So as I said, not a very smooth transition.