The "Mozplugger" app appeared OK after I used apt-get to install it, but that pesky "corrupt file" appears nevertheless when I try to view that nasty MV4 file by clicking on the link in my HTML file in ABrowser. Worse, "Video MPEG-4" is nowhere to be found.

Mozplugger didn't show up until after I used Synaptic Package Manager to remove mplayer-2 and replace it with mplayer. That was just a stab in the dark. Fortunately, I can reach the MV4 file by other means - download to the hard drive first, then apply GNOME MPlayer. Alas, now I see that GNOME MPlayer is messed up. I'll go back to mplayer-2, I guess, and see what transpires ...