Why not? It seems to be enough for everything I want (movies, disc images, hdd backups, etc.).

I already bought an external 2.5" Samsung USB 3.0 HDD less than 2 years ago, which was mainly intended for system backups, and while it was new when I bought it, it already started to show signs of wear by making that clicking noise. SSDs are still way too expensive for storage purposes. Also, having my data not tied to my home is a plus. Anyway, a few terabytes of storage is still somehow limited if, lets say, a highly-compressed TV series eats 90 GB worth of disk space.