I tried cairo dock and docky. Ughh, so heavy an full of useless nonsense! Really didn't like them. I finally managed to solve the issue with plank (which is a great dock - fast and simple, only 20 mb ram usage..great!).

Right click on desktop - create launcher. You create your launcher, assign an icon, a path .. Then you cut and paste that launcher in a folder of your choice (I placed each launcher in the folder of the application). Left click hold and move the launcher (example - Musique.desktop) over the plank dock and release the left mouse bottom - that's it: you have your launcher in plank!

cheers!