I used to go back and forth between GNOME Shell, KDE, and XFCE back when I had Debian (this was before I discovered Trisquel), and then after installing Trisquel, I almost entirely used just GNOME Flashback until I found out how to install Cinnamon on Trisquel. Just a few days ago, I came up with the idea of trying out XFCE, however I ended up installing MATE and customizing it.

Even though the GNOME Shell was an interesting change, I've found that a Windows-style desktop works best. (Speaking of Windows, I've gone 2 years without using Microsoft Windows on my computer, and I don't even miss those days of half-broken software that's prone to malware, application lock ups, and WAT problems with Microsoft making sure I've paid my taxes.)