So recently I started looking for good software to use for group discussion, something like a forum. I don't want to rely on an third party provider, though, so I looked for something decentralized. I found Syndie https://www.syndie.de/index.htmls and I thought it sounded very nice, so I installed it to try it out.

I have used it only for a short while, but I wasn't really able to do anything so far. I'm a bit confused about how things work internally, the program crashes sometimes and the UI is confusing and features poorly drawn icons. I find the idea very interesting, though.

Does anyone in here have experience with Syndie? Or do you know about similar software that allows for decentralized forums and discussion? Please, do share your knowledge! :)