No, a scientific theory is neither conjecture nor fact. Here's the basic run-down:

- A hypothesis is a reasonable, testable conjecture which explains some phenomenon in nature.
- A fact is a repeatable observation or measurement.
- A theory is a hypothesis which has been subject to a great amount of testing and consistently confirmed by it. In other words, a hypothesis which is consistently supported by facts.

Great video about the scientific method, by the way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcavPAFiG14

> could make that person a (to use your term) a "flat earth" proponent.

I wasn't making things up. There are real people who believe in a flat Earth. There's a group called the "Flat Earth Society"; search for that if you don't believe me.