This might not be related but I was having problems with devices being booted off the WiFi network at home. Since my main computer is hooked to the router via cable I was not affected but my son's Windows machine and his Android device were loosing their ip lease for some reason. Over Christmas other family had brought their Apple products and were having that issue as well. I did not have SSID broadcast enabled and decided to shut down DCHP also. We manually configured every device with its own network IP. Since we did that, we are not having that problem. I think for a small home network, it makes sense to go with static IPs. That much less overhead for the router, the devices and the network.