Thanks for the wifi tip, probably useful on the go (provided I secure it properly). Otherwise, if it's mostly at home, I can plug it through ethernet to my router I guess.

I'd definitely try to stay away from flash memory. I suppose I can install the OS and the data on an external HDD.

The CPU is indeed the weak spot. Ideally though, the bare minimum would be a mail server, some sort of search engine (maybe searx, but I need to make calculations regarding potential CPU ressources used on average), and OpenVPN or something similar.
The other services would be great too, but definitely not as essential.
Would you say that these 3 services would be too much for the CPU to handle decently?