I see, thanks.

Wait, is that a vulnerability that allows an attacker on KVM ON THE SAME MACHINE to launch a DOS attack? That would be troublesome IF the machine is stolen, and encrypted of course. If not encrypted, attacking from KVM or not doesn't matter much.

That might be another quick conclusion from me, but from what I gather, it's more like a bug than a vulnerability. I guess there might be a way to implement such an attack against a fresh install, but regarding the necessary and unlikely conditions for the attack to happen, this can't seriously be considered a threat.