So, literally ALL I need is a gamepad "class 03h - Human Interface Device" and a free-software-friendly Bluetooth dongle?

Can I safely assume that if a wireless gamepad works on some GNU/Linux distro and/or Mac OS X, it's a device class 03h? Or there are more reliable ways of knowing this?

Pardon my disbelief but that's way more optimistic than what I originally thought. I was expecting that from all the gamepads available in the market, only a reduced number of them would work on Trisquel (like with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi dongles). I just don't want to buy something that will require non-free blobs and I will be in a temptation to install them in order to not lose the money invested in the device.