Recently I also made the switch, thanks to someone I met on a DIaspora pod. There's a lot of GNU people on those pods, they link to FSF, on one pod I saw Richard Stallman. My name was different there. I read a lot about FSF and linked up with someone who offered to help me convert an old HP Windows computer to Trisquel.

I was using a Mac at the time, so first he showed me how to make a virtual machine, then load Trisquel so I could check it out. I spent a month or so with it, and wanted to convert my Mac. We were using Telegram messenger for our tech sessions. He was wonderful, and though he wasnn't sure how to convert the Mac, we did get the old HP transformed to Trisquel. Because it's a converted machine, I can't get all the features the help system refers to, but that's another issue I'll reserve for another post.

I'm very happy with Trisquel and the peace of mind it gives me. My Mac hardly gets used anymore. Someday I'd like to get another computer to convert, or better yet, one that has Trisquel installed.:)