Ubuntu have nothing really much to offer... This is my opinion.

I use Inkscape, Gimp, Scribus, Blender very usually, have the latest version via a official ppa and stay on Trisquel ! I only have Trisquel's Audacity adviced version, because even for minor operation, the latest version of Audacity really bugs. This version works really fine for me !

The 1st thing you can't really do on GNU/Linux is Flash websites with animations.
You can do "Libre" ones, but not as .swf format.

I began to create with very few power computer 20 years ago. And they were Apple one ! I had to think a lot before doing an effect. I was using 100 M Syquest to save my work !

Now, computers are very powerful. If I would compare Gimp to Photoshop, I would say Gimp contains every main features you really need to do some photo edition. There are differences in FXs. But Gimp ones are OK. There are some differences in the interface and I have get Photoshop shortcuts in Gimp to help as I was sometimes a bit lost in the beginning.

Making creations on GNU/Linux is more positive for me because I've never stand on my computer to do good creations, but only on my imagination.
And as I have imagination I can still imagine solutions with my computer.

After cevral years as a professional in graphics, I've told some students the importance of using GNU/Linux in art schools and talk about it to their teachers because a lot of companies are using Apple and Adobe, and it forces them not to be free to pay less, have a better security, and be free to have their own version. A lot of employers don't think about the advantages to let those 4 freedoms to their employees.