That reminds me of the tea bag episode in the PANtalk Zurich video. RMS wanted to clear his voice which was going down -- by drinking tea that was supplied, under his explicit wishes I suppose. He was devastated his tea "was ruined" because there was no tea bag in the cup and he was half an hgour into his speech already. He didn't at first understand that the tea was in the pot, diluted and ready to be poured. Later he admitted the tea "was a wonderful kind of tea".

I think it's a language barrier at works here that RMS suffers from. He's impatient and he takes the words at their face value. He misinterpretes the mood and the intention. Maybe he should have a companion translator or the questions should be prepared in advance for him to browse. Dunno.