Since Ubuntu 16.04 introduces the new Snap packaging format and Trisquel 8 will be based off of it, has the Trisquel team thought about embracing it for custom Trisquel applications? I know it has its benefits of being a sandboxed application with dependencies included and can ensure more frequent updates for some applications that may otherwise be stuck at a certain version due to the LTS nature of the operating system.

I suppose this may not be as big of a deal since the Trisquel team controls what goes in and out of the repositories, but it could be another method to get community content into the OS (and Ubuntu too) considering that the "community repositories" for Trisquel 6 and 7 ended up not happening.

More info: https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/