Disclaimer, I am in no way badmouthing the FSF here. I'm just addressing one of your points because there is logical error to it.

You write: The FSF is a non-profit organization, legally required to do what it was founded for. It is therefore entirely incorruptible.

That is completely false. Non-profits and charities are absolutely corruptible and happens all of the time. Let me explain just one way in which it's prevalent.

Imagine you want to bribe a congressman to vote a certain way. How do you do it? You cannot just go to their office with a suitcase full of money and trade money for votes. So, what do you do? Well, it just so happens that the congressman's spouse is the head of a charity. Maybe the charity drills wells in Africa or protects birds in the Amazon. It doesn't matter. So you donate large sums of money to this charity, and low and behold it just so happens that the administration of the charity gets very, very large salaries. Now the congressman's spouse has just brought in a ton of money for the family and it looks clean as a whistle to outsiders.

Why do you think so many charities are based in Washington D.C.

There are myriads of ways that charities and non-profits are corruptible.