Trisquel does not distribute anything that violates copyrights significantly. Things like emulators are a grey area, but court cases have shown that if such programs are made through reverse engineering they do not violate copyright; you can just play homebrew games or ROM images you ripped from disks or cartridges. ZFS is free software. On its own, where it isn't combined with GPL software (kernel) it is fine, but distributing it violates GPL and hence the copyright of the kernel. This would not be good to distribute. It's a grey area. This is about being consistent. If we want to support GPL and copyleft, we need to reject violations. I think that copyright law needs serious reform but as long as it still exists we must use copyleft to support freedom. ZFS (or lack thereof) will not makebor break the distribution. Just get over it. We don't want to be popular if it means compromising our ideals. By the way, the FSF is not a bloody church. Just use Ubuntu if you want ZFS so much, or a non FSF-affiliated distribution.