Oh, right, I meant my BIOS settings.
I'm supposed to be able to able/disable AMT.
Yet there's no related option.

Unfortunately,
My netbook has a North bridge chipset is Intel 945GSE, which suIntel® 82573E Gigabit Ethernet Controllerpports AMT:
Intel® Active Management Technology,2
when used with the Intel® 82573E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, supports high-quality asset management capabilities such as remote management
of unmanned sites
--
2 - Intel® Active Management Technology requires the platform to have an Intel® AMT-enabled chipset, network hardware and software, as well as connection with a power source and a corporate network connection. With regard to notebooks, Intel AMT may not be available or certain capabilities may belimited over a host OS-based VPN or when connecting wirelessly, on battery power, sleeping, hibernating or powered off. For more information, see http://www.intel.com/technology/iamt.

Fortunately (I hope), the Device's map indicates that the Gigabit Ethernet Controller is "an optional Intel component".
https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/intelligent-systems/navy-pier/atom-n270-ibd.html

Can I safely deduce that I'm off the hook with this one, regarding AMT/ME?
If I don't have that optional piece on my machine, I can safely say I'm AMT-free. I'll check the Ethernet controller's name in my machine just to be sure, but I know for sure it wasn't replaced or upgraded.