I have successfully run GuixSD *live USB* in QEMU once. Although I'm not
doing so currently due to the fact that my computer's five years old
disk drive malfunctioned only due to its age.

Can you please tell me what are you using to run GuixSD in QEMU? If
you're using a command line, which one?

You might as well be interested on reading the following documentation,
from GuixSD/Guix project themselves on running GuixSD on QEMU:

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Running-GuixSD-in-a-VM.html#Running-GuixSD-in-a-VM

As an off-topic note: I plan to install Guix (the package manager,
without "SD") in my Trisquel installation.