"Isn't the script just the script from Linux-libre?"

No. The Linux-libre script only works with the vanilla kernel from kernel.org. Canonical's kernel is heavily modified. Go grab the Linux-libre deblob scripts, the ubuntu kernel source, and run the de-blob script. It dies immediately, saying "File blah does not exist; something is wrong." Even if you force it to continue (there's an option to ignore errors and continue regardless) that error repeats over and over as different files it looks for are not there.

So the script must be modified to deblob the Ubuntu kernel. Plus, Canonical adds more blobs than what normally come (I think it was in the mid to high twenties in terms of more blobs last I checked but that was a while ago so it has probably increased) and the script must also be updated to deblob those.

So I wish it were as easy running the Linux-libre deblob script but that would mean an incompletely deblobbed kernel, both from the files it missed ("File blah does not exist; something is wrong") and the additional blobs it wouldn't know about as well.)

So now you know the truth about a common misconception: Trisquel doesn't use Linux-libre. Linux-libre is the generic kernel from kernel.org, having been modified to remove the problematic stuff. Trisquel uses a deblobbed version of Ubuntu's kernel instead, using modified versions of the Linux-libre deblob script.