> Yet another MISINFORMATION. I never told anyone to not back the EOMA68 campaign.

But you did. You suggested to backers and potential backers, and I quote, "Demand the above conditions are met for further backing the crowdfunding campaign." You suggested this at a time when it is basically impossible for demands to be met, because said campaign is almost over.

> Here I'm going to quote Paul's recent statement:

The statement you quoted treats the entire computer as a monolith and calls that "EOMA68", which fails to represent the best aspects of the project (particularly modularity). This is the benefit I speak of; it is much easier and cheaper to develop a new computer card that can fit into any housing that meets a standard than it is to develop a whole new monolithic device like the Pyra. This benefit has nothing to do with whether or not the first computer card is unusual in terms of its libre software support.

Also, I can't tell exactly what computers he's talking about since none are mentioned by name, but I can tell that none of them have ever been granted RYF certification from the FSF. The Libre Tea card is set to get that certification, which is groundbreaking when you consider that this is a product specifically produced with that purpose in mind, rather than a product produced for a different purpose that has been refurbished later.

> The EOMA68 Computer card would have been interesting to study if it were TRULY libre hardware.

There is no "the EOMA68 computer card". The A20 computer card is a computer card, the first. Anyone can design a new computer card, including you. You don't even need to wait until the end of the campaign; you can start right now, and you can use whatever SoC you want as long as it is capable of meeting the EOMA68 standards. It won't even been that much of an effort, comparatively speaking, because you don't have to worry about designing the casing of the final product, space for keyboards, mousepad, screen, etc. The A20 computer card is the only piece you're complaining about not being "libre hardware", so why don't you put your money where your mouth is and develop a "libre hardware" computer card yourself, if you're truly interested in the project and yet truly don't trust Luke to release the PCB CAD files for the A20 computer card?

You're making a mountain out of a molehill.