> Bigotry is a much more up-front, in your face action whereas discrimination can take place in subtle ways

You still have it wrong. Discrimination is treating people (or potentially other things) differently. Bigotry is a belief that a group of people is inferior to another group. These are two totally different things. Bigotry is backwards, but it's not unethical because it's just what someone believes. Discrimination based on bigotry is unethical because it's an actual action that affects people.

> I'm curious what you all think of the book "Whipping Girl: A Transexual Woman on Sexism"?

I couldn't care less. I've never heard of it and have no intention of reading it. From reading a description of it, it sounds like nothing more than propaganda.